The 6th annual In-District Lobby Days for 2019 is fast approaching. From July 29th through September 8th, rare disease advocates from across the country will join together to meet in the district offices of their Members of Congress to advocate for legislation benefiting the rare disease community.
Interested in meeting with your U.S. Senators and Representative in their district offices during the summer Congressional recess? Rare Disease Legislative Advocates will schedule meetings for you, and prepare you by providing key background materials.
Registration for In-District Lobby Days 2019 will open on May 8th.
Leave-Behind Materials for Key Legislative Issues
Resources from 2018
– In-District Lobby Days informational webinar (Recording from Thursday, July 26th)
– Slides from In-District Lobby Days informational webinar
– Sample thank you letter follow up for Congressional meetings
– Legislative Scorecards
– Free toolkit by Global Genes on Building Relationships with Your Representatives
– Suggestions on utilizing social media to engage legislators
– How to create a legislative one-pager