The 5th annual In-District Lobby Days is fast approaching. From July 31st through September 4th, rare disease advocates from across the country will surge into the district offices of their Members of Congress to advocate for legislation benefiting the rare disease community.
Interested in meeting with your U.S. Senators and Representative in their district offices during the summer Congressional recess? Rare Disease Legislative Advocates will schedule meetings for you, and help you prepare by providing key background materials.
Registration for In-District Lobby Days 2018 is now closed.
Leave-Behind Materials for Key Legislative Issues
–Issue brief on OPEN ACT for House and Senate (HR 1223/S.1509) (from EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases)
–Issue brief on Access to Precision Medicine Act (H.R.5062) (from EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases)
–Issue brief on Rare disease Advancement, Research and Education (RARE) Act (H.R. 5115)
– In-District Lobby Days informational webinar (Recording from Thursday, July 26th)
– Slides from In-District Lobby Days informational webinar
– Sample thank you letter follow up for Congressional meetings
– Legislative Scorecards
– Free toolkit by Global Genes on Building Relationships with Your Representatives
– Suggestions on utilizing social media to engage legislators
– How to create a legislative one-pager